Curious about what Cat is up to in London? Or what Cat is currently thinking about? Interested in knowing where to go to get the best bargains and the nicest food? Or where to go if you want to pamper yourself? Well.. Then this blog is for you :)

søndag 8. mai 2011

Confessions of a bag-lady

Celine handbags Summer 2011

My first confession: I am a bag-lady. Not in the strict sense of the word, but in the sense that I carry everything important and not-so-important with me almost everywhere I go. Despite trying to restrict myself to carrying with me only absolute necessities, I often find myself in situations where I am lagging behind my friends due to a heavy bag. (Yes. You do need Coco Chanel Mademoiselle's summer mist for hot days, as well as sunscreen, make up, an extra sweater, a magazine or a book, notebook, pen, wallet, phone, water and chocolate for strolls in London). And I must confess, the heaviness often results in my male friends (or boyfriend) having to carry my bag for me. So, it is not only for my own sake, but also for my male friends, that I vouch for stylish bags. Handbags that can contain my life plus a little extra are luckily still in the now (I might not be the only one with squirrel tendencies). I do believe that the size would matter even more when I start working and will actually have to carry my life and my work around every day. This leads me to my next step on my confession agenda; I must be the only person around not owning a Celine handbag. The Celine bags have made havoc in the fashion world, and for good reason; they are elegant and simple, yet make bold statements. Celebrities have been spotted with them, friends have bought them, and I have been drooling over them for quite some time. However, now that my actual working life will begin soon, I have a real excuse to buy one - or two, as there is one that could be perfect as a fancy gym bag. The only question remains; which one(s) should I buy?

My perfect gym bag
Leighton Meester with Celine
Picture found at 
Handbagdesigner 101
The summer 2011 collection showered us with pouchy, soft leather as well as more structured handbags. For fall, the shapes seem more experimental, perhaps not suitable for all types of work. As it is still spring, the options are many, and the colours are ranging from bursts of yellow and orange till blue, and of course, the classic black, white and grey. A Celine will always come in handy - especially for a self confessed bag-lady. Pick and choose. I personally prefer the first two in grey and white and the very last in shiny black. What's your pick?

Summer 2011

Summer 2011

Summer 2011


Summer 2011

Fall 2011

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar